Our team at Air Control is happy to announce our new partnership with 1% for the Planet. We are proud to join forces with an organization that carves out space for the environment and gives back to nature.
1% for the Planet is the idea that companies use natural resources to gain profits from the earth’s natural resources, and therefore should help protect those resources. This is done by donating a percentage of their sales back to the environmental preservation solutions involving activism, education, law, economic development and other avenues. This is achieved by bringing non-profit partners, individuals, and businesses together. The main focal areas are protecting and preserving: climate, water, wildlife, land, and food, while combating pollution.
A focus on energy efficiency and eco-friendly solutions
As we at Air Control are focused on energy efficiency and providing eco-friendly solutions for your home and business, we knew this affiliation was a perfect match. Since 2015, we have provided residential and light commercial HVAC work to the greater Phoenix area. George Blitch, our founder, has over 15 years of experience in the HVAC installation, maintenance, and services industry. Our mission is to provide exceptional and honest service at a competitive rate. We are proud to take that mission even further by giving back to mother nature and making a small difference within our current pressing environmental issues.
About the 1% for the Planet Organization
1% for the Planet was created in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies.
“The intent of 1% for the Planet is to help fund these diverse environmental organizations so that collectively they can be a more powerful source in solving the world’s problems.”
– Yvon Chouinard from his book, “Let My People Go Surfing”
While bonding over the great outdoors, these two businessmen realized they had a responsibility to help protect the environment. Whether or not they happened to be profitable, they then decided on giving 1% of their sales back to the planet. A few companies who have joined the movement include Brushfire Records, Klean Kanteen, New Belgium Brewing, Honest Tea, and Caudalie. The 1% for the Planet certification is given to individuals or businesses who donate 1% of annual salary or sales to environmental issues. As the organization makes it a mission to prevent greenwashing (providing misleading information about how environmentally sound a company’s products/processes are), 1% certifies and assures reputable giving and accountability.
Climate Solutions within 1% for the Planet:
- Activism: Focusing public attention on what is at stake for the planet in the current economic and political environment.
- Adult education: Environmental education specifically targeted to an adult audience.
- Alternative transportation: Using any mode of transportation other than driving a car, alone.
- Environmental justice: Ensuring that all people and groups, regardless of race, gender, income or nation of origin are entitled to environmental protection.
- Fossil fuels and efficiency: Reducing dependence on fossil fuels and efficiently managing energy sources.
- Human health and economic development: Creating positive health outcomes and economic growth through the responsible management of natural resources.
- Law and public policy: Political or legal action used as a tool to protect our natural resources.
- Natural resource conservation: Managing natural resources responsibly and using these resources to mitigate environmental degradation.
If you’d like to learn more about 1% for the Planet, you can visit their website at: https://www.onepercentfortheplanet.org/
Choose Air Control for your HVAC needs.
When you choose Air Control for your home or business HVAC solution, you can rest assured you’re getting the best service, equipment, and warranties available while also knowing that you’re choosing a local Phoenix area business that is dedicated to giving back to the planet!